Tours run Friday and Saturday evenings 6:30pm- 9:30pm.
* This tour lasts approximately 3 hours as there are several sites where you will get off the trolley, there are many great haunted sites in Rochester, and we want to include all the best sites & stories, along with a live paranormal investigation!
HAUNTED ROCHESTER TROLLEY TOUR ~ Aboard the TROLLEY OF DOOM!
Many find Rochester a bit strange during the day; but after the sun goes down, the restless souls of the city’s frightful past begin to stir. You will hear tales that have been all but forgotten as you travel to eerie graveyards and past some of the most historic — and haunted — buildings in our famed city, along with houses that hold on to the secrets of their former inhabitants. Experience how ruthless gangsters, tornadoes and floods, and gruesome murders — stories both tragic and chilling — have left their indelible marks on Rochester’s spirit world, past and present.
Is Rochester one of the most under-known haunted cities in the Midwest? The jury’s still out on that … but this tour lets you judge for yourself!
Join your grave-robber Ghost Host guide aboard the “Trolley of Doom” for an evening ride through Rochester’s darker sides. The Haunted Rochester Trolley Tour offers guests an evening adventure exploring the city’s strange and macabre past — with tales of grave-robbing, unsolved murder, mystery and mayhem as you travel past or visit many of the city’s most haunted, most tragic, and sacred sites.
Step aboard the “Trolley of Doom” and let your Ghost Host guide you on unforgettable adventure into the unknown … if you dare!
Live Ghosting-Hunting Demonstration:
As a bonus, our Ghost Host, who has accompanied Rochester’s lead paranormal investigator to many sites, will demonstrate ghost-hunting equipment and techniques, while performing an actual mini-investigation at one of our sites! You’ll hear some great firsthand ghost-hunting accounts, and maybe, just maybe … experience a portal, feel the energy or a hear voice, from the other side….
Book your e-Ticket, board the “Trolley of Doom,” and experience all things shadowy and sinister, while having some scary fun!
Highlights of the Haunted Rochester Trolley Tour:
Flooded Nursing Home
Phantoms of the Theater
9/11 Hijacker Visit?
Eerie Avalon Hotel
Mayhem at Hilltop House Mansion
Indian Heights Park
Unmarked Graves on State Hospital Campus
Quarry Hill Park & Dead Man’s Bridge
Infamous Inmates & Federal Medical Prison
Former State Hospital Sites
Grave Site of First Man Emancipated by Abraham Lincoln
Oakwood & Calvary Cemeteries
Doc Moonlight Graham
Historic Downtown Buildings, including site of Mortuary/Undertaker
Kahler Grand Hotel & The Haunted Elevator
Pedestrian Subway Tunnels of Old Hospital Morgue
Historic Stoppel Farm
Pill Hill Haunted Houses and other Possessed Houses in the City
Please Note: Our Haunted Rochester Trolley Tour is also available March thru November for larger private charter groups of 10 to 30+ guests; please inquire about a private tour by emaling us via our website or by calling us at 507-421-0573!
- Parental discretion is advised. This tour may not be suitable for children under a certain age.
- Alcohol is NOT permitted on this public trolley tour.
- Due to the off-trolley walking involved, participants must sign a Waiver of Liability prior to participating in this tour.
- Tours will be conducted and narrated both on and off the trolley at select spots. Come dressed for the weather, wear comfortable shoes as there will be some walking, and BRING A FLASHLIGHT! There will be a restroom break about midway through the tour!
Note: Trolley departs City-County Government Center parking lot ~ 151 4th Street Southeast, Rochester, MN 55904 ~ promptly at 7:00pm in April & May 2020!
Advance Reservations Required – Online or by phone 507-421-0573!