tep back in time when you step into the Quarry Hill Cave! Quarry Hill Park was once part of the Rochester State Hospital grounds and there remains some interesting historic features from a century of agriculture, quarry operations and more. Learn about some of these historic features and tour the sandstone storage cave, carved in 1882.
The cave is a ten minute hike from the Nature Center. The tour is approximately 1 hour in length.
- Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- All ages are welcome to participate. Tickets required for 24 months and older
- Sturdy shoes or hiking boots are recommended
- Portions of the hike are not stroller or wheelchair friendly
- No pets are allowed during this activity
- Masks are required while in the cave
- Unless there is a threat of severe weather, we will conduct the tour in rain. Please dress appropriately for the short walk to the cave.
Participants are asked to stay home if showing symptoms of Covid-19.
Cancellation: In the event of severe weather, the program will be cancelled. Participants will have the option of moving to another available Sunday program or being refunded.
Participants will be contacted by email by 12:30 pm if the program is cancelled.