Summer has finally arrived! You know what that means…endless activity out and about in our city to make up for the time spent indoors. The Rochester MN and SE Minnesota areas have so many activities and events for you and your family. Use our Rochester MN Ultimate Guide to Summer and free printable Bucket List to choose your own adventure!
With 8 categories and hundreds of ideas, you’re sure to find a way to make 2022 your best summer ever. Simply scroll down (and scroll and scroll!) and click on the icon in the category to jump to that list.
Print out the checklist below and you can fill in what you’d like to do to truly customize your summer! Have fun, friends. Cheers to the best summer yet!
Experience Rochester MN
Savor your summer with Experience Rochester! Visit www.experiencerochestermn.com or download the free When In Rochester MN phone app to find an in-depth summer events calendar and explore things to do, festivals and events, dining, nightlife, shopping, and entertainment. As the city’s official destination marketing organization, Experience Rochester is a valuable resource for residents and visitors.
Whether you’re dining on a patio, enjoying our woods and wildlife, or taking to the water, turn to Experience Rochester for everything you need to know to make this summer one to remember.
Ultimate Guide to Summer + Bucket List
Food & Drink
Rochester has so much to offer during the summer months. Why not become a tourist in your own city! Consider exploring places and things you’ve never seen or done before. Here’s a list to get you started!
- Visit Spark: Place of Play (formerly the Minnesota Children’s Museum – Rochester) to experience all there is to offer
- Take a ride on Will, Charlie, Alfred, WW Mayo, or Henry for a Kids Trolley Tour around the city!
- Take a leisurely paddle around Silver Lake with your goose friends with their Boats/Bike Rental
- Check out the downtown Rochester MN ArtWalk
- And on that note, visit them 2022 Art4Trails sculptures!
- Watch a Waterski Show on Lake Zumbro
- Farmers Market Scavenger Hunt
- Attend a performance at Rochester Civic Theatre
- Build your child’s library and tackle that reading list by visiting the mini-libraries around town
- Visit the Bookmobile around downtown
- Hire a babysitter and enjoy one of these date night ideas
- Take a tour of the Historic Mayowood Mansion
Festivals & Live Music
Rhubarb Festival, Corn on the Cob Days, Cheese Festival (two of them!) If you’re looking for a list of area festivals and concerts…we’ve got ’em.
There are so many local festivals and concerts to attend in and around Rochester. These events are listed by date for easy reference! Click the image below for a list of Outdoor Festivals and Concerts.
- Check out Fresh Air Fitness – a summer dance and fitness series
- Attend a MedCity FC or Rochester Futbol Club Soccer Game
- Get a picture with Slider at a Rochester Honkers game
- Fore! Practice your putting skills on the mini-golf course at Skyline Raceway.
- Attend a Roosters or Hens Vintage Baseball Game
- Check out Bowlocity to work on your bowling form, check out the latest arcade games, and challenge your friends in laser tag!
- Got the need for speed? Race your friends in Go-Karts at Skyline Raceway!
- Race your friends at the Hal Martin All-Comers’ Track Meet on select Tuesdays this summer
- Go rock climbing at Roca Climbing & Fitness
- Check out The Battleground – tactical laser tag in #rochmn!