On Friday, November 26th, one of the best-loved holiday traditions is back in downtown Rochester: Here Comes Santa Claus! This holiday family favorite has something for everyone: crafts, music, cookies & hot cocoa, trolley rides, tree lighting, and of course, the great Santa Rescue.
This magical evening is full of festive fun, sure to get your family in the holly-jolly spirit. Activities start at 4:00 pm; you won’t want to miss it! All events are FREE! Have a wonderful time!
4:00 – 6:00 pm: Santa’s Magical Workshop- inside Chateau Theatre
- Holiday Craft by Neon Green Studio‘s Pop-Up Art Cart
- Music by the Rochester Symphony, to help make it merry and bright!
- 5:00 pm Story Time with Mrs. Claus
- Cookies & Hot Cocoa!
6:00 pm: The Main Event! Santa’s Rescue from atop Old City Hall
- Help! Santa is stuck on the roof! The Rochester Fire Department saves the day, and helps Santa Claus get safely down from the roof of Old City Hall
- A very relieved Mrs. Claus and Rochester Mayor Kim Norton will be there to greet Santa when he gets down, and share their holiday cheer.
6:15 – 6:30 pm: Procession to Peace Plaza & Tree Lighting
- The Rochester Fire Department will transport Santa Claus & Mrs. Claus to the Peace Plaza. Spectators are encouraged to follow the fire truck down 1st Avenue to the festivities in the Peace Plaza.
- Santa Clause will lead the countdown to the Tree Lighting at 6:30 pm
6:45 – 8:00 pm: Photos with Santa & Caroling – Peace Plaza
- Socially-distanced photo opportunities with Santa (giant snowglobe, anyone?)
- Caroling by the Rochester Symphony Chorale
- Cookies and Hot Cocoa inside the Chateau Theatre
4:00 – 6:00 pm: Trolley Rides
- Rochester Trolley and Tour Co. is offering rides between destinations and around downtown
- View some of the Hiawatha Homes Festival of Trees locations and decorated trees
4:00 – 8:00 pm: Altra Federal Credit Union Drive for the Kids
Families helping families is a meaningful way to give back this holiday season
- Donate new or gently used items that will be given to the Boys & Girls Club of Rochester
- Requested items: blankets, stuffed animals, art supplies, sports items
- Masks encouraged in indoor venues and in crowded outdoor settings
- Hand sanitizing stations at each indoor event location
- Physical distancing highly recommended where possible
Parking is plentiful downtown. Remember there is no fee for parking after 5 PM. In addition, all public parking ramps downtown allow you to park for free for two hours. So if you arrive at 3:00 PM, you still won’t need to pay! Reference the map below to see where to park (blue blocks) in relation to where Santa will be rescued (Santa icon).